Have you been searching online for “home window replacement near me?” If you’re considering embarking on a home windows replacement project, you likely have questions. Whether you’re wondering when to replace your home windows or hoping to figure out the window replacement cost for your project, we’re here to help. We want YOU to have all the information you need to make an informed decision about your next home window replacement project.
Below, you’ll find the answers to the questions our customers most commonly ask. Have you already found your answers and are ready to start your windows replacement project? Contact us to learn more or schedule a consultation today!
Click the links below to jump to the question you’re curious about:
- When should I replace my home windows?
- What’s the cost to replace home windows?
- Can I replace my house window myself?
- Which window type is the best?
- How do I choose the right company for home window installation and repair?
- What are the benefits of home window replacement?
- Do new windows increase the value of my home?
- How do I prepare my house for replacement windows?
- Is window installation messy?
- Do I need to replace all my home windows?
- When is the best time to get my windows replacement project done?
- Are replacement windows installed from the inside or outside?
- What does the home window replacement process look like?
- How long does installing or replacing windows take?
- Why should I choose Your Window Solutions for my home window replacement project?
When should I replace my home windows?
The average life expectancy of home windows ranges between eight and thirty years, depending on the materials used. This means you’ll likely need to replace your home’s windows sometime during your lifetime. A few signs that it’s time for home window replacement include:
- Your windows have visible damage
- You feel a draft coming from your windows
- There’s a sudden and unexpected spike in your home energy costs
- Your energy costs are slowly but steadily rising without a reasonable explanation
- There’s condensation forming on the inside of your windows
- The carpeting, furniture or artwork near your windows is beginning to fade
- It’s hard to open or close your windows
- You or your family find your allergies are worse when indoors
Of course, you may also want to replace your home windows for aesthetic purposes. Adding new windows or changing the type of window you have installed currently can significantly boost your home’s curb appeal.
What’s the cost to replace home windows?
The cost of home window replacement can vary significantly based on various factors. A few considerations that will impact the overall cost include:
- The type of window, glass and framing material
- The brand of window installed
- How many windows you plan to replace
- The company you choose for your replacement project
- Your location (which affects overall price points)
The best way to get an accurate estimate of what your home window replacement will cost is to contact someone for a quote. If you live in Lake in the Hills, IL, or are located nearby, contact us today for an estimate on your windows replacement project.
Can I replace my house window myself?
Home window installation and repair can be tricky. If the installation isn’t done exactly how it should be, there could be a lot of consequences. Higher energy bills, pest infestations and the window itself breaking are a few examples. For this reason, it’s highly recommended you have your home’s windows replaced by a licensed window professional like those at Your Window Solutions.
Which window type is the best?
There’s no single best window type, although some types of windows are better in specific rooms than others. For example, egress and hopper windows tend to do better in basements than alternatives.
However, the choice of window is generally a matter of what YOU like best. For example, you may prefer the traditional look of double hung windows or the extra viewing area of picture windows. If you’re looking for something unique and less conventional, shape windows may be a better option.
If you’re unsure which window type you want, we can help with that, too! You can schedule a consultation to discuss your options and receive an expert opinion on how to best achieve your desired results.
How do I choose the right company for home window installation and repair?
Choosing the right company for your window replacement project is half the battle. A few things to look for include:
- Positive reputation
- Easily accessible portfolio of previous work
- Open and friendly communication
- Local and family-owned
- Accreditation from the Better Business Bureau
- Long-lasting warranty on work done
- Puts your needs first
- Competitive pricing
When you find a company that checks all these boxes, you can feel confident in your decision to move forward. Never be afraid to ask questions or do research to ensure you’re going with a trustworthy window replacement company.
What are the benefits of home window replacement?
Replacing your windows has many benefits. Besides increased curb appeal, new windows can also reduce energy loss from heating and cooling, leading to a decrease in your energy costs. Depending on the type of window being replaced, you may also benefit from additional home security, increased natural light, better ventilation and more.
Do new windows increase the value of my home?
Yes! Updating your old windows with new ones can significantly increase the value of your home. The value increase will be most significant if the windows you’re replacing are exceptionally old, broken or not designed to be energy-efficient (like most modern windows).
How do I prepare my house for replacement windows?
To prepare for your appointment, you’ll want to remove any blinds or curtains on the windows being replaced. It’s also a good idea to remove any furniture and items from the area around where the window replacement will be taking place. Although every effort will be taken to avoid damaging or making a mess of your personal belongings, removing items is the easiest route.
Your window expert will give you detailed information on how to prepare during your consultation, so just be sure to follow those instructions. If you’re unsure about something, don’t be afraid to ask!
Is window installation messy?
Some demolition work is done when replacing or installing windows, so some construction debris should be expected. However, we always thoroughly clean up after our projects so there won’t be any mess left behind when we leave.
Do I need to replace all my home windows?
There’s no need to replace all your home’s windows if some are still in excellent condition. You can replace as many (or as few) windows as you want or need to.
When is the best time to get my windows replacement project done?
You can get your windows done at any time of the year. However, the caulk used in home window replacement projects will cure best (and fastest) in warmer weather. For this reason, it’s a good idea to plan on replacing your windows during spring or summer, if possible.
Are replacement windows installed from the inside or outside?
Although many home window projects can be done from the exterior of your home, there isn’t a single answer to this question. During your consultation, your window expert can tell you how much access they’ll need to your home’s interior.
What does the home window replacement process look like?
Our home window replacement process is designed to provide you with the best possible service. Our tried-and-true steps include:
- Discussing your needs during a free consultation
- Taking all necessary measurements to ensure your new window is the right fit
- Scheduling your appointment at a time that works for you
- Completing the installation with the utmost professionalism and care
- Getting your approval on the work done so we know you’re 100% satisfied
- Thoroughly cleaning up the mess created during the installation
You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions at every step in the process. We’ll also keep you updated and informed as we go, so you’re never left guessing!
How long does installing or replacing windows take?
The time can vary, but a single window shouldn’t take more than a few hours at most. We can often complete a window replacement or installation project in less than an hour. If we’re replacing multiple windows, the time spent on the project will naturally be longer.
Why should I choose Your Window Solutions for my home window replacement project?
At Your Window Solutions, we believe you deserve a better option when it comes to exterior home improvement. That’s why we provide unrivaled customer service throughout the process – from consultation to completion. Our company focuses on honesty and integrity in all our interactions with customers.
Plus, we have over three decades of combined experience. We use that experience to provide you with replacement windows that are sure to delight you. We want to bring your vision to life in a way that transforms your space and makes YOU 100% satisfied. You can view our previous work to see what our company is capable of.
Got More Questions About Home Window Replacement?
We hope we were able to answer your most pressing questions about home window replacement on this page. However, if your question wasn’t answered here, don’t hesitate to reach out! Our mission is to provide YOU with the information you need to bring your vision to life, and we’re always happy to answer your questions.